Saturday, February 3, 2007

good laughs


in the process of trying to teach manners, we all make "mistakes" that end up being rather funny. in our house we don't use the term poop. mom never let my sister and i say anything other then "i dirtied" and when it was the dog , it was she "made a mess". so i guess it is rather fitting that we also do not use those terms in our home. ella has a bootie not a butt. as the process of potty training and manners come along, i have tried to teach ella that you need to say "excuse me" when you fart. continuing with the using better(?) words than what most people say; i don't say fart around her. so after being asked many times what she needs to say when the before mentioned takes place, my dear sweet child says: "ohh, my bootie made noise."


while at aunt cathryn's house over the holiday, we continued the potty training thing, so when ella says "i hafta go potty" one of us jumps. on this occasion, i was cooking dinner, so cathryn had to take her. ella is on the toilet when she farts and says "my bootie made noise". next phrase is "my done". cathryn takes her off the potty and the entire thing starts over again at the part; moves to "i hafta go potty" & "oh, my bootie made noise"; then "my done". when this has happens for the 3rd time without ever leaving the bathroom, cathryn says and ella repeats; "oh lord" for the rest of the night that was about all she said.

No comments: