Sunday, September 14, 2008

coming of age in the late 80's


A friend and I were recently talking about those movies that define our life ('93 high school grads). Most of the list includes a performer with a connection to (think 6 degrees of separation) or was a member of the brat pack.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Better Off Dead, Can't Buy Me Love, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Say Anything, Gross Pointe Blank (although this was not made during the same time period, it has to do with what many of us associate with high school.)

Almost all of the movies have at least one quote that sticks out in the mind. Do you remember them? What are they? Add other movies and quotes in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorites!

With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.

Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar.

No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.

Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war; this war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so bored I could scream. Besides... there isn't going to be any war.

Anonymous said...

"They're my Aunt Edna's"